T: +44 (0) 1384 401080 /
sales@alexandercomley.com

History

2014

Alexander Comley has signed a partnership agreement with Hydra Offshore, an indigenous oilfield services company, in developing products for Ghana’s oil sector.


2009

A further Management Buy Out of Alexander Comley Limited by its existing management team.


1987

LCP acquired by Ward White Group PLC, the parent company of Halfords, Payless DIY and AG Stanley. The following year Alexander Comley Limited, together with its stainless steel division, was purchased by its management team through a Management Buy Out.


1973

Acquired Smith & Hallett Engineering, a business which similar to Alexander Comley Limited, was one of the pioneers of stainless steel manufacturing.


1962

Alexander Comley became part of the Lunt, Comley and Pitt Group (LCP), and amalgamation of the business interests of Lunt Bros, Alexander Comley Limited and Pitt, Leeson and Co. Soon thereafter the business started trading in stainless steel.


1947

Traded as a coal merchant and established retail coal depots at Windsor Street, Highgate, Monument Lane and Harborne in Birmingham.


1925

Records of 25 12-ton coal wagons registered to Alexander Comley through HG Lewis and Company of Cardiff, from the Gloucester Railway Carriage & Wagon Co. Ltd.


1920

Company incorporated, initially as a coal factor, operating from offices in Birmingham, UK.